$800 before July 14
call 415-318-7650 to register
Sept. 14-15, 28-29; Oct. 12-13, 26-27; Nov. 23-24
Saturdays: noon-5pm; Sundays: 2-8pm
Mill Valley Studio
Limited to 18 participants
This intimate teacher training course is for students and teachers of yoga who wish to learn to teach Yin Yoga, as well as for anyone who wishes to be immersed in the profound benefits of this meditative, therapeutic and transformative practice.
In order to fully understand, appreciate and benefit from the meditative foundation of Yin Yoga—where some of the most transformative elements of the practice lie—students will be asked to maintain a daily meditation practice for the duration of the training.
Topics will include:
- Asana practice
- Meditation (including Tibetan Seven Gestures and Tonglen meditation)
- Modern and ancient roots of Yin Yoga
- Meridian and chakra theory of the ancient Chinese medicine system
- Nadis, chakras and koshas of the ancient Ayurvedic Indian system
- Taoist and ancient Indian yogic philosophy
- Safe and intelligent sequencing
- Dealing with injuries and other special needs
- Therapeutic applications of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga and Bhakti Yoga: Spiritual/devotional personal reflection
- Practice teachingThe business of Yin Yoga
- One-on-one mentoring with Christy
Christy has been teaching Vinyasa Yoga over 12 years and Yin Yoga over 10 years. She studied Yin Yoga with Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley and has studied in India with S.N. Goenka (Vipassana meditation) and Sri K. Pattabhi Jois (Ashtanga Yoga) and in the U.S. with H.H. the Dalai Lama. ChristyBrownYoga.com.
“I have complete confidence in Christy's sensitive and skillful ability to teach teachers the nourishing practice of Yin Yoga."
-Sarah Powers, international yoga teacher and author of Insight Yoga
Curious about the Yin Yoga Immersion and Teacher Training? Attend a free Info Session on September 8 with Christy.
Refunds are given for cancellations made 48 hours or more prior to workshop start date. Store credit will be given for cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to workshop start date. No credits or refunds will be given after workshop begins. YogaWorks is not responsible for any and all costs incurred for travel arrangements or accommodations related to this event.