Become a professional yoga teacher
You know the basics of anatomy and sequencing to give your students an intelligent and effective yoga class, but now work with a mentor to develop your own voice and master your teaching skills. Graduation from a Yoga Alliance 200 hour training is required. The course work in this program is 300 hours and will qualify graduates to register with the Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 level.
The mentor/apprenticeship relationship is how yoga was originally passed down to new teachers and YogaWorks continues this effective learning tradition.
• Develop a one-on-one relationship with your mentor, who will guide you throughout the program and beyond.
• Observe your mentor in action – instructing, sequencing, adjusting and inspiring.
• Cultivate your teaching skills as you assist your mentor in class, honing your ability to see bodies, offering modifications and giving hands-on adjustments.
• Participate in small group meeting with your mentor, where you address questions and issues related to teaching yoga.
Professional Workshop Series
Each month you will participate in weekend workshops to further develop your toolkit of skills taught by master teachers in the field. Workshops include:
• Hands-on adjustments, observing bodies, modifications
• Practice teaching
• How to teach vinyasa flow and advanced asana
• Injury assessment and management
• Restorative & therapeutic yoga
• Meditation, subtle body and yoga philosophy
• Working with beginners and pregnant women
• The business of yoga
Professional Program Project
• You design it, create it, and refine it with your mentor's guidance.
• Set yourself apart and develop a program for communities that you can implement.
• Define yourself as a yoga teacher & learn how to cultivate a specific student base.
• Present it to your class at the end of your program
CLICK HERE to view our schedule of trainings
CLICK HERE to download an Application (YogaWorks Studios)
CLICK HERE to download and Application (Partner Studios)