You know the basics to give your students an intelligent and effective yoga class. Now become a community leader as a professional teacher through one-on-one mentorship, class assisting and workshops by master teachers in the field. It's time to define who you are as a yoga teacher and develop your own voice.
The mentor/apprenticeship relationship is how yoga was originally passed down to new teachers and YogaWorks continues this effective learning tradition.
- Develop a one-on-one relationship with your mentor, who will guide you throughout the program and beyond.
- Observe your mentor in action – instructing, sequencing, adjusting and inspiring.
- Cultivate your teaching skills as you assist your mentor in class, honing your ability to see bodies, offering modifications and giving hands-on adjustments.
- Participate in small group meeting with your mentor, where you address questions and issues related to teaching yoga.
Each month you will participate in weekend workshops to further develop your toolkit of skills taught by master teachers in the field.
- Hands-on adjustments, observing bodies, modifications
- Practice teaching
- How to teach vinyasa flow and advanced asana
- Injury assessment and management
- Restorative yoga & yoga for chronic illness
- Meditation, subtle body and yoga philosophy
- Working with beginners and pregnant women
- The business of yoga
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 Level.
CONTACT A PROGRAM ADVISOR